Why is HCG,Lupigest,Duphaston,Reform,Folion and Thyroxine prescribed during pregncny?

Mar 2013
my wife pregnant for last 2.5 months this my second baby my first baby 2 years old.wife age is 30.she have one ovary.left ovary removed surgically around the age of 23. During the first pregnancy my Doctor prescript the following medicines lupigest-200,hcg inj for weekly once,framin 10000iu 5ml per day up to three days before the had Cesarean, this is about first delivery. now i'm consulting the same doctor now she is prescribed HCG5000IU WEEKLY ONCE,LUPIGEST-200 2/DAY,REFORM,DUPHASTON 10MG 2/DAY,ECOSPRIN,FOLION,THYROXINE,EXHEP40(ENOXAPARIN INJECTION)0.4ML/DAILY. my wife's test reselts are haemoglobin :11.7gms, sugar:76.4MGS,TSH:4.41┬ÁIU/ml, FT3 : 2.83PG/ML. apart from this she is normal. my question is why my doctor prescribed this much madicines for my wife?can i go for second opinion ?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: ALL MEDICINES FINE EXCEPT ENOXAPARIN Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. When one ovary is removed, the hormonal support during pregnancy is slightly reduced. Hence till the placenta is functional ( till atleast 14 weeks of pregnancy ) , external hormonal support is mandatory. Hence HCG weekly injections should be taken. Lupigest ( progesterone ) also is recommended. Duphaston, Reform, Folion and Thyroxine should be taken. Ecosprin can be taken, there seems to be no indication for taking Enoxaparin injection however. If she has no history of abortions or blood clotting disorders, there is no need to take Enoxaparin. Rest of the medications are fine, this is because with one ovary removed and at the age of 30, this is a high risk pregnancy, it is best to provide good hormonal support. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Why is HCG,Lupigest,Duphaston,Reform,Folion and Thyroxine prescribed during pregncny? 7 hours later
thank you Dr. she had history of 2 abortions before first delivery. any side effects for enoxaparin inj have been taken daily.have any alterations.(this daily inj she is affect mentally fear about this pain.i feel so many times same type of fear from my first baby.then only i'm asking alterations) how long she need this much progesterone support? whats is the side effects in future?in this stage double marker test is mandatory or not?In both family nobody not affect the down's syndrome.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 hours later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Yes you did not mention the abortions earlier. Enoxaparin also should be taken by you in that case. There is no side effect and this injection is generally painless, so please continue taking it. There are no side effects of progesterone support also, she should take it till the third trimester ( can stop HCG injections after 16 weeks ). Yes, double marker test is a must for a lady who is pregnant and above the age of 30,and has 2 prior abortions. Take care.