Why does the skin on the head of my penis peel off?

Hi, i need to find out, my skin seems o peel on the head on my penis, i`m not circumsized, but if i wash it the skin just falls away,what coul it be
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 14 hours later
Hello Niresh,
Thanks for the query,
You may be having mild contact dermatitis to soap or smegmitis (mild irritation due to smegma- normal penile secretions).

Try avoiding soaps or cleansers. Just wash with tap water and see if the condition improves or not.

It could be a yeast infection. You could try Lotrmin cream you can buy it over the counter, it has an Anti Fungal ingrediants .

Keep the area clean and dry and use loose cotton under wear.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer, i will be available for followup.
Follow-up: Why does the skin on the head of my penis peel off? 4 days later
Thank you , is there any other medication i can buy ? just in case i cannot get the one recommended, i tried just washing the area with water and no soap but by the next day it is back,no discharge or pain,or anything of that sort,just white stuff that washes out, and the head does not look any different,no cuts or anything, but a month ago i recieved a blow job without a condom, could this be the cause ?
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 minutes later
Hello Niresh,

Thanks again.

The white stuff is smegma which is a normal penile secretion. That is why it comes back. It is natural and normal to have it.

Just keep washing the area daily. There is nothing to worry about and it is not related to sexual activity.