Why does the arm become heavy and uncomfortable after eating?

hi, i am 26 years old, 6ft tall, and about 93kg. i have no previous medical problems. the past couple of days after eating my right arm has become extremely uncomfortable and 'heavy'. should this be of something to worry about? i have a varied diet but must admit it is not the healthiest. i feel i am overweight at the moment as as of tomorrow will start a more healthy regime.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 25 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

From the description, it seems that you might be having liver or gall bladder conditions , which might include hepatitis or cholecystitis.

Such conditions are associated with Right abdominal discomfort and pain radiating to the right arm or shoulder.

For a proper diagnosis, tests including liver function tests and a liver ultrasound might be helpful.

Changing to a healthy low fat diet and regular physical workout to lose weight (about 10 kgs) might be helpful to reduce your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

I will be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.