Why does soap burn my skin on my face and butt?

soap burns my skin
why does soap burn my skin on my face and butt?when i clean the skin around my anus the skin burns very badly then when i go to rinse my skin it burns even more like acid on my skin and also my face .i take warm showers not hot showers so i know it is not that, and i have tried other soaps like dove and it still burns my skin. what should i do now?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Some people have a very sensitive skin.

Our skin has an acidic pH and soaps have an alkaline pH.

People who have a sensitive skin do not tolerate the change in alkanity and thus the skin becomes dry, cracked and it burns.

My suggestion would be to use a non-soapy cleanser like Cetaphil 2-3 times daily. The pH is very close to that of skin and there are no alkalis present. Also use a moisturiser like Cetaphil cream over the sensitive areas.

Avoid using a soap for these areas.

I hope this helps.

If you have any further query, please do not hesitate to ask me.