Ask a Urologist   »  

Why does penis tip feel cold and have urge for frequent urination?

Why does my meatus feel cold on the end and I regularly need to go to the toilet
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, what do you mean by meatus? Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am sorry to hear about this cold feeling of the meatus. In medicine, this simply refers to an opening. Which of the meatus are you referring to? Urethral? Also, what takes you to the toilet? is it for urination or to tool? Please, kindly respond to these questions and I will be right here waiting to provide a more detailed and personalize answer to you. Hope to hear from you shortly. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Why does penis tip feel cold and have urge for frequent urination? 24 minutes later
I'm meaning the end of my penis..there's no leakage off anything and it doesn't hurt when I go to the toilet it just feels cold at the end and makes me feel like I need to go to the toilet more often..the end of my penis still looks normal to
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer: There is no need to worry! Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me and providing these specifics. Considering all the information you have provided, there is nothing you really have to worry about. This feeling is just a transient happening and I am sure it will soon be over. I will suggest you dress a little to keep warm and this ill be over. It represents no disease or represents the symptoms of any disease. Just be cam and relaxed. Just one of those bizarre happenings without any real pathological significance. I wish you well. Thank you for using our services and do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.