Why does one eye appear smaller than the other when I smile? Is that normal?

Dear Doctor,
When i smile, my right eye appears smaller than the left one which is barely noticeable but this is not the case all the times. Do i have any problem with my eyes? Kindly advise.

Thank you,
Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Welcome to WWW.WWWW.WW
we have to have an idea of the duration of the problem.The significance of this problem if of short or long duration is different.
We also have to have any history of injury.
We canignore the problem if there is no difference in the size of two eyes in normal circumstances.
As a follow up you should have serial photographs of the face and keep them dated so that in case if there is any development later on we can follow it up.
please do get back to me if there is any thing significant in my queries to you.
I hope you will be fine