Ask a Urologist   »  

Why does my penis sting especially while passing urine?

Jan 2013

Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 43 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated features along with mentioned.
Do you have redness along with white curd like material affixed to glans penis?
Do you have increased frequency of urination/ difficulty in passing urine/ feeling of incomplete evacuation of bladder/ abdominal spasmodic pain?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of Yeast/ fungal infection.
Presence of stingy sensation at penis could be in favor of yeast infection.
Yeast is a normal commensal fungus present in human beings which gets precipitated after breech in immunity.
Yeast is also known as "Candida Albicans".

At times, impacted renal stones at uretero-bladder junction may cause pain at the tip of penis.

Our body has few protective mechanism for prevention of proliferation of yeast.
Recurrent wash with water with application of soap may cause proliferation.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/dermatologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete blood count, KOH mount preparation of scraping from affected site, Ultrasound imaging of abdomen (if you have abdominal pain).

Exact treatment depends on the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you can apply Terbinafine ointment for taking relief.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Why does my penis sting especially while passing urine? 26 hours later
Hi Dr - i have no redness or white curd like material & no discharge but have increased frequency of urination - weak urine stream & feeling of incomplete evacuation - drinking 1.5 l of water daily now which seems to help with pain when urinating - when i first noticed pain on Sat 16th Mch i was not drinking a lot of water & my urine was quite yellow - any more ideas. regards XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
You should go for ultrasound imaging to rule put possibility of "Benign Hypertrophy of Prostate".
Weak urine stream with feeling of incomplete evacuation of bladder suggests the diagnosis.
You should take plenty of water.
Yellowness of urine could be due to multivitamins and jaundice.
With the available described history, there appears to be least possibility of Liver disease.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava