Ask a Urologist   »  

Why does my penis look small when not erect?

Urologist
Question
Hi my penis looks very very small when not erect. It keeps changing length i think but most of the time it is half an inch or one inch when not erect.when it is erect it is normal length and the thickness is fine but when not erect it looks like a 12 year old baby's penis and very thin and small. it is very thin also when not erect. i have seen guys'penis when not erect but never seen such a small and thin penis when flaccid. I keep thinking about it and have gone into depression.What should i do? Is this normal and common? can u please send some pictures of peoples' penis so small and thin when flaccid. It will really help.
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

You think that your penis is too short in a flaccid state and becomes strong and long enough on erection. Please note that length of the penis in flaccid state varies from person to person. It has two fold functions - first is to pass Urine and other one is during sexual intercourse to give sexual satisfaction to the partner.

The length of the penis in flaccid condition does not have any significance in both these functions. It is the hardness of the penis on erection that matters as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned. As you are getting hard erection you should not worry at all.

Please XXXXXXX the anxiety from your mind. Stretching your anxiety too much will land you in other problems like Erectile Dysfunction, Premature ejaculation, etc.

Hope this answers your query. Please do write again if you have any further queries.

Good Luck and Regards

Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Why does my penis look small when not erect? 1 hour later
Can you please send me some pictures regarding this? Yes i am getting hard erection, I am not worried about all that. Its very disturbing to see my penis with 1 inch .it Feels like a baby's penis. Do you see people with such a thing?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hi

Sorry I do not have pictures. Have you measured the length of your Penis in standing position? Take the measurement by standing in front of mirror. It will be more than if taken in lying down posture.

The small sized penis with small testicles and no erection at all is pathogenic (Hypogonadism), so this will be normal as the age advances.

Thanks with Regards.

Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Why does my penis look small when not erect? 17 hours later
I do have erection. i didn't say i have no erection. But do you see people with a 1 inch penis and thin when flaccid? is it common? please answer these questions

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later

Yes we do come across persons with small penis in flaccid state that gets normal erection. It is a common occurrence. Personally I never measure a length of the penis in a flaccid state as it does not have any significance. Hope this will satisfy you.

Thanks

Dr. Patil