Why does my forehead terribly pains in mornings and lasts for couple of hours?

Nov 2013

Dear dr XXXXXXX I am having a terriable pain on right hand side of my fore head (slight above my eyebrows) These pains usualy start inthe morning and last for 3 to 4 hrs. E.g 10 to 12. I wear galses of power -3.5. Pain is so terrible that if i bend mt head towards my feet ot i creases more. Kindly help
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Based on the description, your pain is most likely due to migraines. These cause headaches and pain is usually on one side, however, it can affect both sides in some cases. The pain lasts for a few hours, upto a maximum of 72 hours. There may be a feeling of nausea or vomiting. Since you have frequent pains, you should be on preventive medications such as topiramate, flunarizine or divalproex, which reduce the severity and frequency of headaches. For immediate pain relief, you may take rizatriptan tablets. I hope my reply has helped. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: