Why does my ear bleed when i sleep?
User rating for this question
when I sleep isee blood in my ear my dr put otoscop and he did not see any thing in thereone month ago iam worried.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rest assured, wax can mimic blood Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. If there is no blood seen by your doctor with an otoscope, then you should rest assured that there is any blood in the ear or coming out from ear. Otoscope gives a very well lit and magnified view of the ear canal and mostly rules out any site of bleeding. Sometimes it is possible that there is a site which bleeds intermittently and when the doctor is examining, there may not be an actively bleeding site but still a raw area of an area in the clotted state or healing state should be visible with otoscope. So, all the more reason for you to rest assured. What you have seen must have been ear wax which if very thin can appear similar to blood especially when it has come out of ear canal freshly and wax is a normal secretion of the skin lining the external auditory canal. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
People also viewed
- Sore throat 100 degree fever
- Sore throat after piercing tragus
- Terrible cough 36 weeks incontinent
- Ear bleeding while sleeping
- Swollen ear after sleeping
- Flesh colored bump on arch in back of mouth
- Numb ear when you sleep
- Ears clogged when sleeping
- Placenta is in anterior upper segment at 36 weeks
- Gyno travogen at 36 weeks pregnant ?
- Ear hurts when i sneeze
- 36 weeks having contractions most of the day
- Serratiopeptidase 5mg for sore throat
- Constant cramping at 36 weeks pregnant
- Why does my ear bleed when i sleep