Why does my chest tightens and heart races when I walk quickly?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
what reason does my chest tighten and my heart race when I walk quickly? Thanks very much.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Exercise related asthma. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The most likely reason for your symptoms is exercise-induced asthma. I suggest you see your doctor so you can discuss this and have your chest examined for wheeze. You may benefit from an inhaler either regularly or as and when needed. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate yo contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBCHB. FRCA