Why does my breast lump move?

My breast lump has been tentatively diagnosed as a hematoma. I have had it for 3 weeks. There are some little spider veins and a bit of redness on the outside. When I am standing, the lump is vertical. When I lie down, it shifts to a horizontal orientation. What is going on?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

A breast lump that is mobile and changing in position with the change in posture means it is a freely mobile lump and is always benign. Breast swellings are usually mobile unless they are attached to the XXXXXXX fascia.It seems that you are correctly diagnosed with haematoma.

A big haematoma might even take 4-6 weeks to resolve on its own.If there is appearance of pain or tenderness or redness or engorged veins around it,then you must get it examined again as these changes are indicative of infection.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.