Why does my baby have red bumps on her feet?

My 6 month old baby has a handful of reddish purple like bumps on her feet and now are extending up her leg.he there is now even light bruising around the leg bumps. She has one on her face that has been there for 2 weeks. Initially i thought they were mosquito bites. Now i know they are not. She hasnt been outside and now has more. she weighs 17 lbs and is 28 inches. She is healthy.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for your query

Description given by you makes me to suspect it to be papular urticaria.

A physical examination by a dermatologist can distinguish amongst the aforementioned condition.

A picture of the affected area will be more informative and I would be able to help in predicting the condition if I have a picture.
You can mail me the photos to YYYY@YYYY with subject:ATTN Dr Sudarshan. Please do confirm the sending of the photos by writing here, so that I can reply you back at the earliest.

Are the lesions inflammed/redish?
Is it itchy?burning?
Is it present in groin and perineal region or other areas like scalp?
Is he having fever ?
Do you or any family member have any skin condition?
Any family history of allergy/asthma /hay fever?
Is she sleeping well at night?

Please reply back with the above answers and mail the photos as this will help me in answering you better and confirming diagnosis.

Awaiting your reply.