Why does it pain in the stomach after I swollow food?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hello I'm aching and when I swollew it hurts where my food goes down
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, The aching and hurt you feel when food goes down could be related to stomach problems (including gastritis and/or acid reflux). I'd suggest to: - eat often and small portions - have your meals regularly, do not skip them - chew up slowly - avoid chillies, spicy, citrus foods - avoid alcohol, smoking or caffeine drinks - do not lay down immediately after eating - do use 2 pillows when sleeping - take antiacids and omeprazole - take otc probiotics - drink more water, especially while having your meals If there is no improvement, you should consult with a GI specialist for further evaluation and to run other tests: - upper endoscopy - abdominal ultrasound - complete blood profile - liver and kidney function All the best! Dr.Bardha