Why does child rock back and forth frequently?
User rating for this question
why does my ten year old son rock back and forth so often?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: General habit Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Many people have different types of habbit. Front and back rocking occurs commonly among people having autism and ADHD. However in both conditions there have to be accompanying features as well like In autism there has to be communication dificulties with repetitive words in the speech, repeating the question asked, poor eye contact, reduced emotional warmness, etc. In ADHD there is reduced attention span, disorgamized, not keeping up with the schedule, frequently getting lost, day dreaming, not able to cokplete the task on hand, hyperactivity as well. In both these conditions the rocking is very common. But if the rocking is present without any of the above spectrum of features and is not distressing to child himself, then there is no need to worry. It may be just a habit and may reduce with time as well. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for scar sarcoidosis
- Drugs/medication for tibial stress syndrome
- Dark spots on childs back back
- Why do childs ribs and back hurt
- Eyes jumping back and forth
- Child have loose motion prescribed visylaz syrup what to do
- Why does child rock back and forth frequently
- Infant has fever given penatavac vaccined worry
- Teething baby no appetite remedy
- Drugs/medication for congenital vitiligo
- Child has loose stools fever prescribed metrogyl paracetamol side effects
- Infant formula fed green stools cause
- Drugs/medication for pleural injury
- Eyes darting back and forth
- Drugs/medication for neuronal injury