Why does blood pressure increase with a headache? Felt dizzy and could not walk?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
why does your blood persure go from 120/72 with a pulse of 50
to blood persure of 168/90 with a pulse 58
with a head ache in a about 30 sec. and dizzy to the point i could not walk
then in 10 mins the it over and the blood pressure is back to normal and the head is gone also
this has happen four times in the last weak
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Your description is suggestive of a labile hypertension. Intermittent acute rise of blood pressure is usually precipitated by stress, anxiety, changes in hormone levels, etc.
24 hour continuous B.P. monitoring with a portable monitor is usually recommended in such cases to figure out the blood pressure fluctuations and its relation to the external factors.
Stress management, anxiety control sessions, reduction of caffeine, salt and fat intake in your diet, weight loss motivation and an increase in regular exercise are all the measures necessary to contain the problem.
A visit to your cardiologist is necessary at this time for proper investigations and treatment regimen to contain the problem.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.