Why do my lips feel sticky?

why do my lips feel sticky?
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Causes of the symptoms you mention could be lip biting, lip licking, Vit. B2 deficiency, smoking, overexposure to sun and ill fitting dentures. In extreme cases, this could be due to bacterial or fungal skin infection. The treatment all depends on the cause. Certain precautions that can help you are:

1. You need to drink plenty of water daily – around 1.5 – 3 liters per day and eat a balanced diet.
2. Do not keep your lips dry; apply lip balm which contains sunscreen.
3. Stop Smoking and avoid exposure to the sun.
4. Use a humidifier in your house and bedroom and make sure you maintain good oral hygiene.

Hope this will help you. If the symptoms still persist, consult your skin specialist or dermatologist and get investigated.

Please let me know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts. I will be happy to help you.

Dr. Kulbir Singh