Why do my hands freeze after exposure to low temperature?

My age is 57 yrs., Height 175 cms. Weight 58 kgs. Medical history: Chronic Hyper Acidity since childhood, being controlled by fresh food and occasionally taking 20mg pantaprazone; PROBLEMS: (1) After sometime sitting in AC with low temperature, I feel as if my fingures & hands are frozen as numbing. After some time I come out and wash hands in hot water it gets normalized. (2) In humid conditions some parts of my body, I feel sticky as if applied gum. Specially it happens in figures, forehead, face below abdomen, testicles etc. Kindly share your kind views and advices
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

According to your height and weight, your Body Mass Index is 19. This is in the Normal Range.

Sitting in a room with AC for long duration especially with low Temperature causes the exposed parts of body to freeze.

Do not sit idle for long duration in the AC. Keep moving around in the room often. Move your hands and legs often.

It is normal to feel sticky in humid conditions as there is more sweating. You can use a good anti- perspirant for this.

Maintain general XXXXXXX hygiene like Bathing twice a day.

If the effects of AC are too severe, then you may have to avoid using it.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries if any.