Why do my eyes hurt?

Hi I have a question about vertigo. I had vertigo symptoms that started around 2 weeks before Christmas. After going to see my doctor he said it wasn't anything to concern myself with and let it go away on its own. well finally just recently mostly all my symptoms have gone away. The only thing that concerns me is now eyes hurt and if I focas on something where they start to cross I see small movement back and forth. It's worse after driving and at night. or when I'm looking at a computer screen. This has been going on since some of my symptoms have gone away. should I be concerned? I went to the eye doctor and he said my vision was perfect?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: If exams were normal;no reason to be concerned... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and understood your concerns. I am glad that your vertigo symptoms have been improved. The pain in your eyes, especially when you focus, might be related to working too long in front of computer and without moving. As long as the eye tests and other examinations you ran were perfect, then, you should not be worried about. I'd advise to: - if you are working too long in front of computer, you can take breaks often. Try to alternate focusing in the computer with focusing a distant object. That can help with you eye problem. Next, ask your eye doctor to wear special Computer glasses when working in front of the computer. I also advise to do simple exercise at work, in order to put your body muscles and joints in movement. I also advise to do moderate-to-energetic exercises on daily basis. Massaging, taking otc oral pain-killers can also help. All the best! Dr.Albana Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!