Why do meth and drugs cause sunken eyes and puffy, saggy skin?

I have seen websites showing how meth and drugs ruin your looks with sunken eyes and puffy, saggy skin. Why does this happen? Is this reversible?

I'm asking because I have similiar effects from sleeping pills 2 months ago, and it is horrifying.
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

These side effects resolve once you stop taking pills.Its always desired to use these pills for shorter duration only during acute phase.Shorter is the duration of use, earlier and more effectively the symptoms will resolve.

You can try few other things like meditation, breathing exercises ,yoga or mild exercises to help you sleep.

Hope this answers your question.