Why do i have throbbing,stinging pain in the vaginal/uterus region?

I have an intense stinging pain located in my vaginal/uterus region. The pain is not continous - more or a throbbing nature. I have no discharge or odor. I am urinating frequently with an increase in urgency.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Your symptoms can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease which is inflammation of female reproductive organs (uterus, ovary, etc) and caused by viral, fungal, parasitic or most often bacterial infections. It occurs when bacteria move upward from a woman's vagina or cervix (opening to the uterus) into her reproductive organs.

Along with this the increase in frequency or urination and burning urination indicates a urinary tract infection.

You need to go for blood test, urine test, urine culture, PAP smear, vaginal swab, histopathological examination and Ultrasound Pelvis. Till then, abstain from intercourse for a few days, take plenty of fluids and sit in warm non soapy water. Also consult a doctor for antibiotics prescription if the symptoms persist.

Follow these measures for quick relief from the symptoms:

1)     Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing like jeans and pantyhose and underwear made from synthetic fibre.

2)     Remove wet or damp bathing suits immediately after swimming.

3)     Avoid douching, perfumed soaps, bubble baths and toiletries.

4)     Change underwear daily, wash them in hot water and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent).

5)     Eat healthy nutritious food and drink plenty of fluids. Also sleep for at least 6 hours in a day.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.