Why do i have dizziness,neck and shoulder pain?

i been getting drunk feelings... like im typsy kind legs sumtimes feel back feelings like im falling sumtimes.. i get a weak stomach at times... i have neck and shoulder pain. weak stomach feeling... i dont know what this is
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 57 minutes later
Having neck and shoulder pain along with a typsy feeling like dizziness is most likely to be associated with cervical spondylosis.
An X-ray and MRI of cervical spine will help in making the diagnosis.
It can happen due to an injury, or when your muscles are tense or in spasm, or from poor spine postures that have been used over the years. A physical therapy program to help with your posture and muscle balance can improve movement in your neck and may help your symptoms.
Other reasons which need to be ruled out one by one in your case-
1. Abnormal position of the neck- avoid using a pillow for a few days and see if it improves.
2. Inner ear problems- due to inflammation or miniere's disease- Can be ruled out on examination by a specialist.
3. Stroke causing compromised blood supply to the inner ear. This can be ruled out by your general physician after looking for all the risk factors.
4. Metabolic conditions such as hyponatremia
You need to rule out the above conditions and then get the treatment according to the diagnosis.
The weak stomach can be due to IBS which needs to be treated separately.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Follow-up: Why do i have dizziness,neck and shoulder pain? 19 minutes later
this is all seems like a good reasoning. i did sit in epson salt last night it helped me a bit... it seems like the more i walk or go outside the worse it gets. i do suffer from jaw pain i think its TMJ. but i will try the pillow thing. thanks for the reply
Follow-up: Why do i have dizziness,neck and shoulder pain? 8 minutes later
oh and i forgot to mention... my pupils have been sensitive more then usual to dimmed lighiting... i dont know if thats related to this.. as well as weird feelings in my forehead... sorry i for got to mention
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The weird feeling in the forehead might be a related problem.
You can also try improving your posture
Hope my answer is helpful.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.