Why do i get massive vibrations from upper abs to the heart which increases my bp?

hello i am a 59yr old with a history of anxiety attacks.Although idont have them any more . My symptom is a vibration that flares up from my upper abs and hits my heart , the vibration is massive. At that moment i dont know what my heart is doing. It last about 10-30secs, after that my heart starts pounding and racing .My blood pressure goes up 170/100 .During the episode my extremities go numb but never fainted yet.Am i experiencing an atrial fibrilation
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 24 minutes later

Thanks for writing here.

Your symptoms are definitely suggestive of Cardiac Arrhythmias. Since it lasts temporarily, it is most likely due to Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia. Atrial Fibrillation is a possibility, however it rarely if ever revert to normal and is called paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.

An ECG is definitely recommended and HOLTER if ECG is normal.
Please consul your physician/cardiologist for the same.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regard

Dr Kiran