Ask a Urologist   »  

Why do i feel pressure in my bladder and constantly feel like urinating?

Urologist
Question
I constantly feel like I have to urinate, and when I do the feeling stays! I also have a pressure feeling in my bladder! Confused! Why do I feel this way, is it because I am depressed or my anxiety!
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Thanks for the query,

It seems you may be suffering from prostatitis and as your treating doctor must have told you it is pretty difficult to eradicate.

It shall be good if you could tell me your latest ultrasound report.

I would like you to stop vesicare and see how your voiding improves.

Pain after ejaculation can be a side effect of Rapilfo and if possible you should try substituting it with Flomax after consulting your treating doctor.

I will also like you to sit in lukewarm water twice daily to relax your prostate and the surrounding tissues.

Hope i have answered your query,i will be available for follow up .

Follow-up: Why do i feel pressure in my bladder and constantly feel like urinating? 18 hours later
I have had pain after ejaculation with flomax and uroxatrol, but very little when using rapiflo! I think it is because of the retrograde ejaculation. I have never had a ultrasound done on my prostate recently, but I had a cystoscopy last August and was told that I just had prostatitis. Before vesicare I was on enablex, so I am not sure where this bladder pressure and feeling like I always have to urinate is coming from. Any thoughts!

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

As you have already tried flomax and are better off with Rapiflo, continue the same. Try stopping vesicare for 10 days and see how you do.

Cranberry juice and cranberry extracts have shown benefit in preventing and treating Non bacterial prostatitis.

Massaging the prostate 3 to 4 times a week may help relieve symptoms.

Counseling, biofeedback, acupuncture or relaxation techniques may help reduce stress that is contributing to the pain.

Microwave therapy (transurethral thermotherapy) may be used to heat the prostate in an attempt to end the inflammation.

Hope i have answered your query.