Why do I wake up frequently at night to urinate?

Dear Dr.

I am wondering why I always wake up at least 2 times at night to urinate?
I drank some soy powder drink of 300 ml before sleep every night, it is a kind of food supplement. Is this the reason?

Waking up frequently is affecting my sleep. How can I solve this?

Test on my kidney since XXXXXXX 2012 is showing normal.
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 1 hour later

As per your details it is likely that the intake of fluid before sleep is contributing to you desire to pass urine. It is unlikely that the supplement itself is responsible for this.

It is important to see how much additional fluid in the form of water or milk, around bed time.

I would suggest you stop taking any fluids and supplements about 2 hrs before your bed time. (except maybe half a glass of water (100ml), if feeling thirsty before bed.)

If your symptoms still persist, further evaluation may be warranted.