Why do I sweat while talking in public? Klinefelter syndrome? Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
When I talk in front of a lot of people my forehead and face starting to really sweat even the room temp. is ok. Is my medical condition(Klinefelter syndrome) is the cause or something else? Is there a treatment or solution?Thank you!
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Your History suggests you are suffering from, Social Anxiety Disorder or Social Phobia. Kindly don't worry and get yourself examined by a Psychiatrist as with behavioral therapy, medications and coping skills you can improve your symptoms.
Your symptoms are not likely to be related to Klinefelter's syndrome.

Your Doctor will evaluate you both physically and psychologically to know what exactly is causing your Symptoms, he/she will know better. Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause, like behavioral therapy, anti depressants and anti anxiety medications.

Bring in some lifestyle modifications:

1.) Start going out and make friends, eat with a close relative, get directions from a stranger, give someone a compliment and when you speak to a stranger look into his/her eyes. It will take some time for you to get acclimatised to this.
2.) Avoid stress and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
3.) Exercise regularly
4.) Avoid high calorie foods and maintain a healthy weight
5.) Attend a beauty parlor and make yourself look beautiful
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.