Why do I like dressing like a female inspite of being male? Why do I want to have sex with males?

Psychiatrist
Question
hello sir,
i am XXXXXXX from india. i have a problem regarding sex. i like to do sex with male though i am a male and i like to dress like female. i feel very awkward in male dress. why this is happening to me
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 35 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     24 year old male
•     Concern related to homosexuality

You appear to have homosexual orientation from the information provided by you. Homosexuality is not physical and psychological disorders because of these laws are being change in all word gradually to provide it legal status. It is just a sexual orientation.

Sexual orientation can be of three types:
•     Heterosexuality: liking for opposite sex
•     Homosexuality: liking for same sex
•     Bisexuality: comfortable with both sex

Prevalence of Homosexuality is around 2-4% in India and in some western countries it is more than 5%. Sexual orientation cannot be change and as this is not a disorder, so do not worry about its treatment. But it is commonly associated with anxiety, depression, adjustment disorder, self harm and isolation because of social complication as you must have been facing. So stop accepting it as an illness and accept yourself as you are naturally.

Also be aware of sexually transmitted disease and AIDS as it is very common with homosexuality because of unprotected intercourse.

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, work on acceptance of your natural sexual orientation and counseling from psychologist in much distress.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Why do I like dressing like a female inspite of being male? Why do I want to have sex with males? 3 minutes later
i tried lot of ways to stop dressing as female and tried to stop responding to male contacts but still i am unable to control

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 23 minutes later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

Following measures will help you:
-Stop accepting homosexuality as an illness and accept yourself as you are naturally.
-Prevent yourself from high risk sexual behavior.
-Avoid using opposite sex dress in social situation to prevent social embarrassment. But you can use female dress in alone.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Why do I like dressing like a female inspite of being male? Why do I want to have sex with males? 4 minutes later
what about my sex life. using female dress in alone will help me in leading a happy life. whom should i marry?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 minutes later
Hello again,

Thanks for follow up,

As I told you homosexuality is associated with lots of social complication and marital issue is one of the social complication.

In bisexual orientation person marriage may be successful. But with homosexual orientation, marriage used to get broken.

In that case, I personally do not advise them to marry. But final call is yours. There are lots of people live successful bachelor life.

Wish you good health.