Why do I hear a click sound in the throat while swallowing ?

I hear a click sound in the throat when i swallow saliva almost all the times when the head is bend down, and some times when the head is up.But there is no pain. But when i keep my finger pressed against the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and swallow i dont hear the sound.What could be the problem ?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

From the history given it does not seem that your symptoms are causing you any discomfort or any distress.

The click could be due to friction between the laryngeal cartilages forming the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX which present only in a specific position.

In case it is causing any form of pain or discomfort, you might benefit by seeing a ENT doctor who can do a laryngoscopy and detect the exact cause and provide specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be available to answer them as well.
Follow-up: Why do I hear a click sound in the throat while swallowing ? 42 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

I dont have any pain with the above symptom.Only thing is i hear that sound in the throat.

Can i wait so that it gets automatically cured ?

thanks and regards

senthil kumar.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 26 minutes later

Since you dont have any pain, you can wait and the symptoms will resolve on its own.

There is no need for any form of treatment.

Wish you Good Health.