Why do I have skin flakes from nose after washing face ?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi, My name is XXXXXXX age 31 yrs,
i had a nose skin out problem..whenever i wash my face..the nose skin out problem happening..

Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

1. You may have to rephrase your question or explain in detail as to what your 'nose skin out problem' is. This will be very helpful. You may also email a close-up photograph of your nose and nostrils to YYYY@YYYY with 'Attn: Dr. Sumit Bhatti' as the subject line or you have a feature of uploading the photos on your own on the right side of the query box. Please do confirm the mailing or uploading of the photos by writing here as to reply you back at the earliest.

2. Assuming that you are referring to dry flaky skin in the nostrils, you may have developed vestibulitis. Apply Betnovate GM ointment locally in the nostrils.

3. I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
- Have you ever had blood stained nasal discharge?
- Do you suffer from frequent cold, allergy or sinusitis?
- Is there any local redness or pain?
- Is the skin fleshy or flaky?
- Do you have any other medical condition such as diabetes? Any family history of diabetes?

I would like to give you specific suggestions after knowing the answers to the above questions and also after seeing the photo.

Awaiting your answers.

Regards.

Follow-up: Why do I have skin flakes from nose after washing face ? 37 hours later
Thanks for your reply..

i attached 2 images of my nose skin out..small small skin only comes out my nose.. i need to remove it whenever it comes, otherwise it will look bad...(skin is around my nose)

Following your questions:
Have you ever had blood stained nasal discharge?
No

Do you suffer from frequent cold, allergy or sinusitis?
No frequent cold, may be rarely allergy.

Is there any local redness or pain?
No

Is the skin fleshy or flaky?
i dont know

Do you have any other medical condition such as diabetes? Any family history of diabetes?
No

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back and sending the images.

1. It seems to be nasal dermatitis or vestibulitis, probably fungal, with dry flaky skin. Do you have to work in an air-conditioned environment for long hours?

2. Just apply the Betnovate GM ointment regularly and follow up in two weeks.

3. Have a multi-vitamin such as Centrum Silver 50+ once a day.

4. It will be worthwhile to arrange for a local skin specialist to see this condition, if possible.

Regards.

Follow-up: Why do I have skin flakes from nose after washing face ? 6 hours later
Dear Dr XXXXXXX Bhatti,

Thanks for your reply,

I got the pic form google search and i attached it.
Almost the same problem i have now (i arrow marked it). For this type i can use Betnovate GM ointment and Centrum Silver 50+ as per your suggestion.

Regards, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 9 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

1. I was about to mention that your images were of very low resolution.
2. You may use these medications for two weeks.
3. If there is no improvement, and since these images are not yours, kindly arrange for a local skin specialist to see this condition.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards.