Why do I have scaly and dry dark spots in my pubic hair?

Dec 2013

I have multiple dark spots in my pubic hair. They appear to be possibly some type of flat rash. It's a reddish brown color, irregular in shape, and maybe 1/4 - 1/2" wide. It showed up last week, disappeared, and is back this week with more spots. There is no blistering or erupting and they seem to be completely flat. Also, they kind of appear a bit scaly or dry. They are scattered throughout the entire pubic hair region and seem to be isolated to that area. Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly upload few good resolution pictures Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I completely understand your concern for multiple dark spots at pubic area. There are multiple causes of multiple dark spots at this area but most commonly it is due to fungal infection of the area. Even then, for the best possible diagnosis I request you to kindly upload a good resolution picture of the area so that I can answer your query better. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your further queries. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia). With regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)