Why do I have reddish semen?

When I masturbate, the liquid which comes is little redish in color. I had done oral few weeks ago after that this problem has started. What it can be?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 30 hours later

Seminal fluid is colorless. Some times redish colour may semen can occur in conditions such as these:
1. There might have been a minor tear in the frenum which could have added the red color.
2. Genitourinary tract infection
3. Certain drugs especially Rifampicin

It is better to check your urine for routine examination and culture for evidence of bacterial organisms.

If bothe these test are normal, You need not worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any more concerns, I will be available to address them.