Why do I have red, slightly raised,itchy lesions on my back and my palms?

i have red, slightly raised lesions on both the back and the palm of my hands with a white center. they have a slight itch and come and go throughout the day but always in the same spot. i don't believe its poison ivy or hives. do you have any ideas?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

After going through your description, It could most possibly HIVES. But your reservations are genuine as Hives rarely occur on the same spot everytime. Does the rash subside in 15-20 minutes, does it respond to any anti allergics?

Please send me some pictures of the rash, that would help me in suggesting you better.

You may send the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject: ATTN Dr. Gaurang XXXXXXX

Please post confirmation of mailing the pictures over here for me to reply you back with my suggestions.

Anticipating your reply.

Follow-up: Why do I have red, slightly raised,itchy lesions on my back and my palms? 11 hours later
I have sent you a photo of the rash. to clarify, it never completely goes away it just becomes barely visible every once in a while with no real pattern as to when it subsides. I first noticed the rash 4 days ago and i have not tried to use any medications on it, including anti allergics
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Thanks for the pic.
You indeed have urticaria ( hives ). If you are sure that the rash has not completely vanished at any point of time in the last 4 days or has persisited for more than 24 hours, then get yourself tested for urticarial vasculitis.

I suggest you to take fexofenadine after consulting your dermatologist.

Please feel free to ask any further questions.