Why do I have premature ejaculation?

i have problem ofpremature ejaculation since 5 year
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 30 minutes later

From the symptoms it looks like you have the problem of premature ejaculation and considering your age it looks psychological to me.

Try the following for premature ejaculation:

1)     Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during masturbation.

2)     Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation, stop stroking and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

3)     If the symptoms persist then SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult an urologist.

Although there are other medical problems of premature ejaculation but from your symptoms these seem unlikely. These include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes. You may need to undergo certain medical tests like for diabetes, thyroid profile and hormonal assay to completely rule them out.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.