Why do I have pain in ribs with back pain and spasms after falling back on head?

I'm 6-2. weigh 195 lbs. A few days ago, I fell backwards and hit my head on concrete. Got a bump about the size of a tangerine. A few days later, the ribs on my right side started hurting real bad and now I'm getting back pain spasms as well. What's going on?
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Analgesics, muscle relaxant, X ray, see dr Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is possible that the trauma you had had some impact around the chest region, which of course became evident only with time. Considering the fact that the pain came after, and is increasing in intensity, it is important to be sure that there is no problem inside the chest (thoracic cavity). I suggest you you get a chest X ray done first to be sure. It might be necessary to take simple Analgesics, as you wait to get a complete clinical review. It is however still possible that the pain might not be related to trauma. In case you have fever or cough, a lung infection could be at the origin of the pain. Considering the fact that you have an associated back pain, a chest pain starting after a trauma, it is more likely all be related to the trauma. I strongly suggest an urgent clinical review and chest X ray be done. Simple analgesics and muscle relaxants could be immense help. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case of need. I will be humble making my suggestions. Kind regards Dr Bain