Why do I have fissuring and burning urination?

ENT Specialist
I have an infected labia. Very uncomfortable and when I look at it in a mirror, it looks like there are big cuts in it. There's a dreadful smell, it is incredibly sore and stings when I urinate. Wiping with toilet paper is seriously painful. It's infected on both sides. Has only been this way for three days but has become worse each day. I can go to a doctor but would like a bit of a heads up about what might be causing the problem?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 4 hours later

Thanks for the query,

Well, the symptoms like fissuring, bad smell, burning micturation, tenderness (pain on touching, and all these symptoms are gradually progressive), points towards the following probability like candida ( fungal infection) associated with UTI Candidiasis is a very common infection and when it invades the vogina it is called as vaginal candidosis, causes are decreased immunity, lack of hygine, raised blood sugar. Many a times this candidiasis is associated with secondary bacterial infection of urinary tract causing the urinary tract infection, that causes burning micturation, .

What you will have to do now-
1- keep the area absolutely dry.
2- wash the area 2-3 times a day with antiseptic soap.
3- apply local antifungal cream over it.
Drink plenty of fluids.

Consult a urologist, the doctor will give you following guidelines

1- An antibiotic like fluoroquinolone group.
2- an antiinflammatory, analgesic.
3- oral anti fungal.
4- a urolyser syrup.

Get following investigations done--

Random blood sugar.
Urine culture and sensitivity.
Urine routine and microscopy.

hope it will help you. and iam ready for future follow ups,.