Why do I have burning feeling during intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Everytime I have sex for the last couple of months I have had this burning feeling, at the start I can handle the pain but by then end I end up in tears because it burns so much. I am now at the point where I don't even won't to have sex with my partner who I have been with for 3 years and have had a very good sex life until now
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

According to your description the possibilities are:
Vaginal infection: infection can lead to raw areas on the vaginal mucosal membrane. Due to this, friction during intercourse can lead to burning sensation and pain.

Small abrasions etc can occur during intercourse and when the act gets repeated before the healing of the lesions that can exaggerate the symptoms.

If barrier methods like condoms are used as contraceptive measure, irritation to the that material can lead to pain and burning.

So you better consult gynecologist once and undergo physical examination to rule out vaginal infection or any local injuries.
If these are identified treatment can be taken accordingly.
Better to avoid intercourse till the completion of the treatment.
You can use analgesic jelly like xylocaine jelly during intercourse for lubrication which can decrease the burning sensation to some extent.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Why do I have burning feeling during intercourse? 15 minutes later
We have changed the brands of condoms and also tried different types of lub to see if that changed the problem but nothing worked. We have used the condoms that we were using when it started for the entire relationship that's why I was worried that something major was wrong with me

According to your age and monogamous relation ship there is less chance for any major problem.
So there is more possibility for infection. As I told you better consult gynecologist once and get examined.
By this the actual problem can be made out and treatment can be given.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.