Why do I have bruising around my eye?

I am 61 yr. old female. I have recently (yesterday) completed a long overseas flight from UK to US and arrived home relatively rested. After the first flight over to the UK about 10 days ago, my husband noticed that my right eye looked slightly bruised underneath. It went away in a couple of days and was not severe. However, this morning I awoke from the return flight and I have an almost black eye...serious bruising on the top upper lid (under my eyebrow) and also around the eye in a bid lighter bruise discoloration. I regularly take C and B vitamins. I didn't consume alchohol on the return trip. What could this mean?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later

In your case it seems that the trauma to your forehead or around your eye must have gone unnoticed. The bio- identical doctor to have your coagulation profile checked to see if your blood is clotting properly.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.