Why do I have a large lump where I used a nicotine patch? Sensitive, does not become small

Why do I have a large lump where I used a nicotine patch nearly 4 years ago? It has always been sensitive and has never got any smaller.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 2 hours later
A lump at the site of nicotine punch could have arisen as a reaction to the nicotine patch that you have used. A biopsy from the site of the lump should be done to ascertain the pathology ( basic disease process) behind the lump. Such a condition is common in patients who use insulin on their own.
Years after the injections, such lumps with pigmentation on top can occur.

I would request you to get a biopsy from the site done to settle things once and for all.

Dr.Rohit Batra