Ask a Dentist   »  

Why do I have a hard painless bump between last two teeth?

Hi, pain less hard bump last two teeth of right side and some discomfert in the face .yesterday i went to doctor & xray was done. There is hard bump between last two i will be going for oral surgeon
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

A painless hard lump in between last two teeth means it is a swelling arising from the jaw- either the bone or the mucosa or a swollen gland.

Perhaps physical examination, xray of the oral cavity / fine needle aspiration cytology of the lump can help in diagnosing the problem.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.