Why do I have a burning sensation in my leg?

I am 47m in general good health 265lbs 6', with what feels like a buring in the vails in my left leg, at the lower part near my ancle and at the upper part of my calf. I come and goes and is very painful at times. Today I also had a head blured vision and a on again off again headache. I noticed lover energy today as well. I was odd as I felt tired just after drying my hair this morning. I did to out for work but returned home mid afternoon feeling the need to lay down and rest. This vission is now almost normal again, however I do have a feeling of not being just right.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later

Based on your description, I can think of few possibilities,

1. The burning sensation in your leg is probably due to venous insufficiency. It usually happens when you remain sitting or standing for a long time or due to venous thrombosis. Treatment includes mild pain killers, use of compression stocking and anticoagulant drugs like heparin.

2. Blurred vision is again an alarming symptom and can result from vascular problems.

A detailed check up and proper investigations are needed to confirm the diagnosis. Please visit your physician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.