Why do I get short memory loss after intense masturbation?

Nov 2013

I had a short memory loss and confusion after an intense masturbation
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 52 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that masturbation is a totally natural process and is not associated with any health hazards.

However, we have to give importance to your symptoms of short duration memory loss and confusion. The most likely reason for your symptoms could be due to lack of blood flow to brain for a short period of time, a condition called as transient ischemic attack (TIA).

You need to get evaluated for any risk factors for the above, such as high BP, high sugars, cholesterol, etc. A neurologist consultation would be useful. There are good medications available for this problem.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad