Why do I get short and sudden shocks on chest while exercising?

Question
When exercising lately, I get short sudden shocks to my chest. I'm 46 w no health problems. It doesn't hurt but it is literally shocking and becoming more frequent.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 13 minutes later
This is not a common symptom. There are a number of different possibilities that this could be and a more detailed history and physical examination would be needed to determine possible causes. However, since you are having chest symptoms associated with exercise, even though you are healthy, a heart problem is not out of the question. Therefore, I would seek prompt medical attention. At a minimum you should get an EKG. Exercise stress testing is also something to consider.

Do let me know if you need clarification on this.

Follow-up: Why do I get short and sudden shocks on chest while exercising? 44 minutes later
Should I not exercise until I see the doctor or is it something I can just exercise through

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 minutes later
1. Do not exercise until you see a physician
2. I should have mentioned that if symptoms get worse or anything else unusual happens (dizziness, changes in vision) then you should get immediate medical attention.
Thanks