Why do I get pain in my stomach, penis and rectum when I have a bowel movement ?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Something strange just happened to me. I went to have a bowel movement and I tried to sit down on the toliet but I could not sit because of pain in my stomach then I had pain in my penis for 1 minute. The pain in my stomach and penis gradually went away, then I was able to have a bowel movement. 2. Also for the last two weeks, I have had pain from my rectum to my stomach when I have to go to the bathroom (Felt like food posioning) Went away .. 3. Also for the past 2 months, when ever I have to go to the bathroom it feels like a stick is in my lower colon, after I had my bowel movement the stiff feeling was gone. I have been eating heavy pasta for the last two months and also eating chinese food with rice every night at 930 pm for the last month.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 18 hours later
Thanks for the query,

AnoRectal region and the penis have a similar nerve supply and a lesion in one can produce a pain like feeling in the other.

Pain in the abdomen radiating to the penis also occurs in ureteral problems.It can be because of symptoms i feel you may be suffering from a fissure or a rectal inflammatory pathology.Also since your diet mainly consist of pasta and chinese food you might be suffering from constipation.Include lots of fibre, fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.Drink lots of fluids and avoid tea and coffee.

A physical examination from a GI with a flexible sigmoidoscopy and a stool examinantion should be able to tell the etiology.