Why do I get fluid filled bumps when I am stressed?

I have reoccuring clusters of small bumps filled with a yellowish clear fluid. When I am stressed of tired they appear on my left shouler blade and my forehead.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later

The small fluid filled bumps on your shoulders seem to be pustules from your description. These occur commonly due to inflamed sebaceous glands.

Like acne, they are also more common during stress and hormonal changes. Recurrence is a common problem in such lesions and are found more commonly in females.

Did you try with an over the counter antibacterial cream? What is the result? If not you should try them.

If already tried, to treat the recurrence a short course treatment does not help but it takes around six months of regular treatment for complete remission.

I would advise you to consult a good dermatologist who can assess your case and treat you effectively as the medicines given ( topical and systemic retinoids and antibiotics) require proper follow up with frequent tests.

General measures like cleaning the area frequently with mild soap and water, intake of 7-10 glasses of water daily, avoidance of all cosmetics , good 7 hr sleep in night should also be maintained for good and faster results.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.