Why do I get cold sweats after eating dessert and cheese?

Feb 2013

I have been doing some research and can't really find an answer to my question
when i am eating certain foods i get cold sweats.....especially desserts and cheese

what causes this?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 55 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Usually cheese and desserts will contain casomorphin, which is a peptide formed due to the break down of the protein casein.

Casomorphin will have the opioid effects like morphine.

Casomorphin with its narcotic effect, acts as a histamine releaser leading to dilatation of subcutaneous blood vessels causing flushing of the skin followed by cold sweats.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.