Why do I get blood in urine post erection ?

I am having blood in my urine for past 3 days now. During the day it is a clear urine but when I gets erection it follows with blood in urine.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 56 minutes later
Hi Baba,

Thanks for your query,

There are numerous conditions in the urinary tract which can lead to blood in urine.

Some of the causes which can be likely possibilities in you are:

1)Trauma (e.g., a blow to the kidneys)
2)Urinary tract infection with viruses.
3)Prostate infection or inflammation
4)Kidney stones or ureter stones.

I would ask you to get a Ultrasound scan,coagulation parameters( PT ,APTT) and a Urine routine analysis which will give lot of insights to think into the causes and arrive at diagnosis.

Also take Cranberry juice which do prevent the infections or wash out the existing infections.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.