Why do I feel weakness after intercourse?

after i had sex or when i loose semen while i am sleeping ,instantanously i loose all fat from my waist and it come straight to my belly and also my arms and thighs loose weight too,why this happen?
And by waist i mean the body part just below the chest and all fat it all comes in middle which makes that body part curve shape(v-shape)
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 4 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I will certainly help and advise you regarding your problem. In order to understand your problem better, please provide the following clarifications:

- How long are you having this problem?

- For how long does this symptom last? That is, does your body get back to normal shape after some time?

- Has anyone else noticed this change on their own (maybe your partner or your friends) and told you about it?

- How frequent is your sexual activity? How often do you have 'nightfalls' (passing semen during sleep)?

- Do you have any guilt or worries about about masturbation or sexual performance?

- Do you suffer from anxiety, negative thoughts or low mood?

- Do you smoke or consume alcohol or any other drugs?

- Are you on any medication currently?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Follow-up: Why do I feel weakness after intercourse? 24 minutes later
I have been this problem from last one year and from one last year i m continously going to gym and obiviously it came back to normal as i do the work out in gym but thing is that again when i had sex my body came back to normal situation ,there is not much drop in weight though but part below chest get kina shrink (turn out kina V-shape from flat) but problem is that all that fat from sides came back in front belly .No one noticed this about me as i do workout on my chest again that fat distributes in sides and never my gf mentioned about this and yes whenever i loose semen while slepping or after sex instantanously i start thinking about it that m loosing weight and so forth.I usually have sex twice in a week ,sometime once and nightfalls i dont get quite often ,i will say maximum twice in a month or once and i have no problems with my sex life actually i am very good in bed and i have no guilt or worries about my sexual performance but after sex i feel very low not because of my sexual performance but by keep thinking that my muscles gonna shrink now ,by the way i have very good physic and muscular body but kina have phobia of the problem which i am mentioning above.yes i smoke 1-2 cigarettes in a day and consume alcohol and no medication.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 13 hours later
Hello again and thanks for the clarifications.

I understand that this problem has been causing you a lot of distress. However, based on my clinical experience and expertise in seeing and treating many people with sex-related problems, I would like to make certain facts clear to you:

Firstly, ejaculation or release of semen is a normal physiological phenomenon. Irrespective of the number of times a person has sex, the release of semen does not result in any major medical problems. Some people have a belief that loss of semen can result ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, or other medical problems. All this is not true and these are just misconceptions.

Now, coming to your specific symptoms following the loss of semen - namely, change in the body shape, accumulation of fat and shifting of weight from one part of the body to another. Let me assure you (....and you will have to have faith in doctors / specialists who say this) that it is not medically or physiologically possible for this to take place because of the loss of semen. Remember that the XXXXXXX tissues like muscles and fat tissue are found in specific layers and firmly attached to the bones other tissues. Moreover, the reproductive tract is an entirely different system and does not have any connection or influence on the chest muscles and fat tissues. So, it is literally not possible for the the muscles or fat tissue to shift so drastically from one place to another within a matter of minutes, following sex. I can assure you that even if you ask any doctor in the world, they will confirm this same fact. You have also mentioned clearly that nobody else, including your girlfriend has ever noticed this and told you about it. So, it is clear that this is not obvious to any other person, except you.

So then, you may ask me, "then why do I feel that these changes are happening and feel that my body shape is altering soon after sex?". Now, there is a reason why you could be feeling this way. Remember, that what all we see feel or experience is due to what our brain percieves. In other words, the signals or commands from the brain only will enable us to feel what we feel or experience what we experience. It is also a fact that sex is not only a physical process but also a psychological process, where out mind is mostly involved. So, during or after sex, there can be a lot of changes in the hormones and neuro-chemicals in the brain. Sometimes, if there is an imbalance of these neuro-chemicals or hormones, then this can alter the way in which we see or feel or experience things. In other words, we may feel or have experiences which are not actually taking place. So, I think this is what is causing you to see or feel that these bodily changes are taking place. Moreover, after some time, when you have become very worried and anxious about this, the anxiety itself can cause a worsening of your problems.

In order to confirm my opinion, I would advise you to have a complete medical check-up - including a thorough physical examination and all kinds of tests. I can assure you that they will all be normal. If you are still not convinced, I would advise you to see a sexologist in person, have a proper evaluation and get an independent opinion.

In my opinion, since you are extremely worried and distressed about this problem and since I feel that it is predominantly psychological, I think you need a more detailed evaluation and discussion with a psychiatrist. Please don't mistake me thinking that I'm saying that you are having a 'psychiatric illness' and that simply imagining things. NO, not at all. Like the explanation I have given you before, I am just saying that this is not a medical problem caused due to your semen loss and it may have to do with certain neuro-chemical and hormonal imbalances in the brain. There are effective treatments - both in the form of medicines as well as psychological therapies, which can DEFINITELY help you overcome this problem.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist