Why do I feel something in my chest when I eat something fatty. Should I visit a cardiologist?

why do I feel something on my left side of my chest when I eat something with fat in it. I eat very healthy and stay away from fatty foods and fast food, but once in a while I eat a sausage or XXXXXXX with some fat or high in cholesterol and I always get a reaction left side on my chest and goes way by itself. Last time I checked my cholesterol it was at 190 my LDL was 47. So, should I visit a Cardiologist and I am sure I need to stay way from HDL food. Please advice. Thank you very much,
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist.
I read your mail with diligence.
Valvular heart disease is detected by thorough physical examination by a doctor (not necessarily a cardiologist) and proven by echocardiography & Doppler examination. There is no mention in your mail about such a test.
There is no way fat after absorption in your gastroinstestinal system goes to your liver for metabolism and then to blood stream and affect your heart. So you need not worry about relating the feeling of left side of chest to what you eat. Yes contents of your stomach can spill into your food pipe and that can cause sensation but that is not related to heart. About cholesterol with LDL 47 you do not have a cause to worry. You should strive to increase your HDL which is good cholesterol, however that can be done by exercise. You have not written how much is your HDL!
Yes you can visit your family doctor not necessarily a cardiologist who will confirm these points. May be he/she perform a treadmill test to reassure you. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW