Why do I feel like vomiting when speaking to someone or when I am nervous?

Radiologist
Question
Hi! i feel like vomiting when speaking to someone & when i m nervous. If i put some sweet or candy in my mouth its gone for sometime. can u help me on this
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Anxiety or nervousness is one of the cause for nausea. It may be aggravated by performance like speaking with other . When you put candy in mouth probably it causes your mind diversion from stress inducing factor.
Still I would like to know few things
1. Are you suffering from any hypoglycemic attacks.
2. Is there any stressful condition.
3. Do you taking any medication at present.
Then we will discuss and decide regarding consultation and management .

Looking forward for your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Why do I feel like vomiting when speaking to someone or when I am nervous? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the quick reply..

Below please find the required answers

NO

2. Is there any stressful condition.
NO

Yes around 2 years before i got admitted in hospital & still medication is going on. Getting injection of Vitamin B (2ML) once in 3 months.

Hi, thanks for your response.
It looks there is no any organic cause for your problem. It is mostly related to performance anxiety.
You need to consult a good counsellor for relaxation therapy and management of anxiety related nausea. It is not a major problem . Just need strong mind preparation.

Hope I have addressed your query. If you want to discuss any other issues , let me know.

Regards.