Why do I feel itchy inside cheeks after taking MDMA?

Hi, I'm just wondering why inside my cheecks would feel so itchy after taking mdma
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

MDMA is a drug which has a variety of effects on the nervous system. Strange sensations over the cheek and jaw have been reported as after-effects of using MDMA. Tingling or itching or flushing sensations associated with grinding of teeth, jaw clenching, etc. are indeed common after-effects associated with the use of this drug. These symptoms are usually transient and should subside within a couple of days.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist